A total of rupees
553.33 crores was allocated for Corporate Social Responsibilit during
the year 2011-12 by Coal India Limited and its subsidiaries.
CSR activities are being undertaken through implementing agencies as per
CSR Policy of CIL. The agencies include :
• Community based organization whether formal or informal.
• Elected local bodies such as Panchayats.
• Voluntary Agencies (NGOs)
• Institutes/ Academic Organizations.
• Trusts, Missions etc.
• Self help groups.
• Government, Semi Government and Autonomous Organizations.
• Standing Conference of Public Enterprises (SCOPE)
• Mahila Mandals/ Samitis and the like.
• Contracted agencies for civil works.
• Professional Consultancy Organization etc.
The Corporate Social Responsibility Scheme of Coal India Limited focuses
on overall betterment of the society and does not target any particular
segment of people. It is not possible to segregate the number of
beneficiaries community-wise, who are using utilities like roads,
overbridges, community centre, playgrounds, checkdams etc. As such it is
not possible to pinpoint the number of beneficiaries who belong to the
minorities, under the CSR programs. This information was gien by the
Minister of State for Coal Shri Pratik Prakshbapu Patil in a written
reply in Rajya Sabha today