The Ministry of Health
and Family Welfare, Govt. of India and the Ministry of Health of the
Republic of Tajikistan signed a MoU for cooperation in the field of
health and medicine in New Delhi today. While Shri Ghulam Nabi Azad,
Union Minister for HFW signed on behalf of India, Mr. Salimov Nusratullo
signed on behalf of Tajikistan.
The salient features are:-
1. Prevention of Communicable Disease
2. Medical Education, Health Research and Hospital Management
3. Setting up of diagnostic centres in Tajikistan
4. Import of Drugs and Pharmaceuticals preparations
5. Training of Medical/Para medical professionals and sharing of Indiaís
experience in setting up of rural health centres
6. Promotion of Health Tourism
7. Traditional Medicine
The MoU also envisages exchange of information and experts in the field
of health and medicine, training in the mutually agreed identified
areas, deputation of experts to attend International meetings held in
each otherís country.
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India and the
Ministry of Health, Govt. of Tajikistan shall be nodal agencies for the
implementation of this Agreement.