A unique facility for
EPF members to download their e-pass book each month, if they are active
members and ECR is being uploaded by their employer, was today formally
launched by Shri R.C.Mishra, Central PF Commissioner here in the EPFO
headquarters, New Delhi.
The salient features of this facility are as under:
• The members shall be able to download their e-pass book each month, if
they are active members and ECR is being uploaded by their employer.
• In case of the members who are not active (left service) and have not
settled their account or have not become inoperative, the facility to
download the pass book on request basis shall be available.
• The facility shall be available on www.epfindia.gov.in
• Any PF member can register himself/herself on the Member Portal by
using his/her Photo Identification number such as PAN, Aadhar, NPR,
Driving License, Passport, Voter ID, Ration Card and use the mobile
number as the password. Thus the member will not be required to remember
any user id/password.
• The member can add multiple id numbers after registration and can use
any one for login.
• Once registered, he/she can download the pass book by entering his/her
account number. If available the pass book will appear for download.
• In case not available a request will be created on the portal and once
the pass book is uploaded by the respective field office, an SMS will be
sent to the member to login and download the pass book.
• The e-pass book shall contain the transaction wise details in the
member`s account (all credits and debits) since the month for which the
details for the establishment have been processed in the new application
software at the field offices.
• The facility, however is not available for the members under
establishments that are exempted under the EPF Scheme 1952 (as the fund
details are maintained by the Trust), Inoperative members (i.e in
accounts where no contribution has been received during preceding 36
However, the facility will have following restrictions:-
1. Only one registration is permitted against one mobile number.
2. The member can download the passbook for only one account number
under one establishment. Thus in case he/she has worked for different
spells in one establishment with different account numbers, he/she has
to apply for the transfer of the old account to the new so that the
credit may be reflected in the e-pass book of the new account.
3. To view the amount balance against any inoperative account also the
member should apply for transfer and then the transferred amount will
reflect as credit in the present account of the member.