A three days
International Yoga Fest from 8th-10th March 2017 will be held at
Talkatora Indoor Stadium, New Delhi. The International Yoga Fest is
being organized as a Curtain Raiser for International Day of Yoga (IDY)
Speaking to media persons at a press briefing, Director Morarji Desai
National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY) Dr. Ishwar V. Basvaraddi said that
the Minister of Information and Broadcasting and Urban Development and
Housing, Shri. M. Venkaiah Naidu will inaugurate the International Yoga
Fest (IYF) tomorrow and Minister of State (Independent Charge) for AYUSH,
Shri Shripad Yesso Naik, will preside over the function. Secretary AYUSH
Sh. Ajit M. Sharan, Yog Rishi Swami Ramdev, Dr. H.R. Nagendra, Swami
Chidananda Saraswati, Sh. O.P. Tiwari, Smt. Hamsa Jayadeva, Swami Bharat
Bhushan, Swami Ritawan Bharati, Sister BK Asha, Sh. S.Sridharan, Swami
Darshak, Swami Ullasa will be the Guests of Honor. Shri Basvaraddi
further said that the main purpose of the Fest is to sensitize the
masses regarding celebration of International Day of Yoga held every
The three days event is being organised by Ministry of AYUSH, Morarji
Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY) in association with Indian Yoga
Association (IYA) and New Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC).
Shri Basvaraddi informed that more than 3500 participants including the
eminent Yoga Gurus, Yoga Masters, Scholars, Policy Makers, Bureaucrats,
Yoga enthusiasts and Experts of Allied Sciences and representatives from
15- 18 countries are going to participate in this mega event.
He also said that during the International Yoga Fest Parallel Yoga
Workshops from morning to evening by eminent Yoga Masters and Yoga Gurus
will be conducted. Besides this, Lecture/ Special Yoga Techniques / Yoga
Demo by Yoga Masters, Satsang/ Isha Music/ Discourses/ Cultural Program
by eminent Yoga Gurus, Yoga Demo by the students of leading Yoga
Institutions / Yoga Professionals will also be organised .
Shri Basvaraddi informed that a half day Seminar on Life Sketch and
Contributions of two Yoga gurus Swami Ved Bharati and Shri T.K.V.
Desikachar for the promotion and development of Yoga will be conducted
by Swami Ritawan Bharati & disciples and Sh.S Sridharan & Dr. Kausthub
Desikachar, along with their team respectively on 9th March, 2017.
A large number of following Institutes will be participating in the
1. The Art of Living, Bangalore
2. Patanjali Yoga Peeth, Haridwar
3. Isha Foundation, Coimbatore
4. Parmarth Niketan, Rishikesh
5. SVYASA University, Bangalore
6. Kaivalyadhama, Lonavala, Distt. Pune
7. The Yoga Institute, Santacruz, Mumbai
8. Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute, Pune
9. Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga New Delhi
10. Prajapita Brahma Kumaris Ishwariya Vishwavidyalaya, Mount Abu
11. Mokshayatan International Yogashram, Saharanpur
12. Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram, Chennai
13. Swami Ram Sadhaka Grama, Rishikesh
14. Shri Aurobindo Ashram, Puducherry
15. Shivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre, New Delhi
16. Adhyatma Sadhna Kendra, New Delhi
17. Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar
18. International Naturopathy Organisation
19. Vivekananda Yoga Ashram and Hospital, Kukreji, New Delhi
Post Fest Yoga Workshops will also be conducted by Leading Yoga Gurus
including Baba Ramdev and Yoga Masters of different Schools of Yoga on
March 10th, 2017 at MDNIY, New Delhi.
Besides the above main programmes, Special Yoga Techniques, Cultural
programmes, Isha Music, Satsang, Exhibitions, Quiz, Elocutions, Poster
Presentations, etc. will also be conducted during the event.
An exhibition of more than 50 stalls also be organized where books,
DVDs, Yoga appliances and other Yoga related products will be displayed
for promotion and sale.