The Union Cabinet
chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the
agreement on Audio Visual Co-Production India and Bangladesh.
Salient features of the Agreement
· The Agreement would cover co-production of films, documentaries, and
· An audio-visual co-production made in accordance with the proposed
Agreement shall be entitled to all the benefits which may be accorded to
any national audio-visual work by both countries in accordance with
their respective laws and regulations.
· It will lead to exchange of art and culture among the two countries
and create goodwill and better understanding among the peoples of both
· Co-productions provide an opportunity to create and showcase our soft
· It leads to generation of employment among artistic, technical as well
as non-technical personnel engaged in the arena of Audio-Visual Co-
production including post-production and its marketing, thus adding to
the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of both the countries.
· The utilization of Indian locales for shooting raises the visibility /
prospect of India as a preferred film shooting destination across the
India has so far entered into audio-visual co-production agreements with
Italy, United Kingdom, Germany, Brazil, France, New Zealand, Poland,
Spain, Canada, China and the Republic of Korea.